Last weekend you created a list of ten questions that readers have about your subject. If you haven’t go ahead and do that now. Visit this post and review the Getting Post Ideas section for some easy ways to research reader questions.
Now, for each of the ten questions, I want you to brainstorm post titles that answer each of these questions:
- Why solving the problem is important (i.e. saves time, saves money, makes money, live longer, be happier)
- What are the options for solving the problem (i.e. Hire a contractor, do it yourself, etc.)?
- How to solve the problem using your product, service, or approach.
- A clever, quick, or simple way to diagnose the problem and/or understand how to solve it. (i.e. checklists, scored surveys, list of observations)
- Case study describing how someone diagnosed their problem and solved it using a product, approach, or service similar to yours. You can use a real customer or 3rd party example.
Each question should have a post headline. When you are finished, you will have 50 post titles that are laser-focused on your reader’s potential problems.
Now, my friend, you are off to the races. Can you do this?
I’m a big fan of promoting your blog posts on Twitter.
The challenge is getting your Twitter update seen. Most people’s Twitter stream is updating so fast that it’s difficult for one post to stand out. I figured that my posts were getting buried in this flood of information.
So, I tested attaching a photo to my blog promotion tweet. I simply attached the photo I used in the blog post. Almost immediately the volume of retweets picked up getting almost 30 retweets in an hour. I believe the picture helped turn a routine tweet into something worth checking out.
What do you think?
Training and Resources:
Last week, I hosted a webinar with the good folks at MyEntre.net. I had a terrific time talking about Savvy Business Blogging in 7 Easy Steps. You can view the slideshow from the webinar below. You can listen to the actual webinar by registering (for free) at MyEntre.net.
You can also get the special Blog Review Plus service I offered too!
I’m available to host a webinar for your audience too! Just give me shout here.
Enjoy your weekend!
Blog Mastery: Weekend Assignment #3 by Stan