They prey on unsuspecting bloggers late at night or just before dawn. They swoop in with acerbic comments that insult you and your readers. The falsely accuse you of violating their free speech rights when you delete their toxic diatribes.
Even though you may fend them off they will continue their half-assed insurgency on their own mediocre blogs. Follow them to their lairs and they will gang-flame you with a few of their troll friends.
Ironically, I think you should show these nasty brutes a little love on Valentines day.
Have I Lost My Dad-Gum Mind?
Maybe but hear me out.
Trolls actually have their uses. An “enlightened” blogger can benefit from their shennanigans.
Here are some ways:
Trolls toughen you up emotionally. Once you’ve been abused by these idiots you’ll grow the thick skin needed to be a top-blogger.
Trolls make you re-think your perspective. A troll’s argument is so brazen that you can’t help but wonder if you are wrong. There’s a 99% chance you are not – but the exercise might actually save your bacon 1% of the time.
Trolls Reveal Your Friends. After you’ve been knee-capped, it’s fascinating to see who comes to your aide. These Blog Samaritans love to scrap and they can’t wait to jump in the foxhole with you. Shower these people with ‘big love’.
Trolls Reveal Your Enemies Too. Like hyenas, trolls run, laugh, and hunt in packs. You might be shocked by the readers who turn out to be wolves in sheep’s clothing.
Trolls Bring Traffic. Sure this traffic is short-lived and highly addictive but a knife-fight always attracts a crowd. You may see a few good readers hang-around after the brawl
Trolls Inspire Blog Posts: When I first started Pushing Social, I popular troll ambushed me. After licking my wounds, I looked at my comments and pulled out three great post ideas.
So cut a heart out of pink construction paper. Write your favorite Troll’s name on it and congratulate the SOB for their devilish schemes.
Then burn it.